For the fourth year, employees gave back to their local communities at 65 events
Tampa, FL - December 11, 2019 - Kforce celebrated its fourth annual Day of Giving on Friday, December 6 by donating 3,953 hours of community service to organizations in need. Each year associates take time out of their day to volunteer at firm-facilitated community service events. Since 2018, Day of Giving has expanded beyond Kforce’s Tampa headquarters to include over 50 offices across the country.
“Day of Giving is an important cornerstone of our community engagement, and it’s made possible by the passion our people have for helping others year-round. They are at the forefront of our corporate social responsibility program and helped guide the firm to our focus on education, community development and human services,” said Andrew Thomas, Kforce Chief Marketing Officer.
Day of Giving Highlights
- Taught eighth grade students about budgeting at Junior Achievement’s Finance Park (Tampa, FL).
- Served meals to the homeless at Trinity Café (Tampa, FL).
- Prepared a scavenger hunt about post-graduate and college prep with the YMCA (Tampa, FL).
- Assembled 100 snack packs and donated to the homeless with The Arc (Austin, TX).
- Sorted and packed food for the hungry with Feeding South Florida (Miami, FL).
- Hosted a clothing drive for at-risk children with Little Hands, Little Feet (Philadelphia, PA).
- Helped gather 20,000 pounds of food for kids at the K5 Radio Pastathon (Orange County, CA).
- Stocked shelves and organized the warehouse at Habitat for Humanity (Westborough, MA).
- Cleaned a local park with Reston Association Community Clean Up (Reston, VA).
- Collected toys for the Boys and Girls Club (Providence, RI).
“Kforce has been one of the great partners for us at Trinity Café and Feeding Tampa Bay and has invested in us in so many ways,” said Thomas Mantz, CEO of Feeding Tampa Bay. He continued, “What I’d really like to say to everybody at Kforce is thank you… Our community would be worse were it not for you being here.”
On Day of Giving, Kforce volunteers were given a ‘thank you’ banner signed by middle school students they worked with on career and interview advice the previous month at Junior Achievement.
Kforce (Nasdaq: KFRC) is a professional staffing services and solutions firm that specializes in the areas of Technology and Finance & Accounting. Each year, our network of over 50 offices and two national recruiting centers provides opportunities for 34,000 highly skilled professionals who work with over 4,000 clients, including 70% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 1962, our name stands for KNOWLEDGEforce® which describes the customer-centric Kforce Knowledge Process that delivers high-touch, relationship-driven results backed by progressive technologies. At Kforce, our promise is to deliver great results through strategic partnership and knowledge sharing®. Visit our Newsroom for the latest Kforce news and media resources.
Director, Communications & PR