Kforce Employees Performed Community Service at 18 Locations for their Annual Afternoon of Giving
Kforce released this video documentary today to share its annual Afternoon of Giving. On November 6, the staffing and solutions firm facilitated community service at 18 locations in Tampa Bay for its employees, 450 of which participated this year.
As Raymond Morganti, Sr. Vice President of Associate Experience and Chairperson of the Stewardship Committee at Kforce describes, “This is one way in which we live our core values by giving back to our communities with our teams.”
The event is intended to serve deserving organizations such as Hope Children’s Home, where Pastor Mike Higgins thanked Kforce saying, “Without folks like Kforce, a place like Hope Children’s Home just really wouldn’t exist.”
An internal survey following the Afternoon of Giving showed 75% of Kforce employees felt more connected with the organization they volunteered for. But beyond the benefits to the community, Kforce associates describe the experience as rewarding in more ways than one.
“Afternoon of Giving makes me feel more connected to Kforce and my team,” said Manda Terrill, Kforce Volunteer.
Afternoon of Giving Highlights
- Laid 3 pallets of sod for the playground at St. Peter Claver school
- Packed 1,000 bags of supplies for veterans at James A. Haley Veterans Hospital
- Spread 30 bags of mulch, painted a cottage, and hosted an ice cream party for 80 kids at Hope Children’s Home
- Packed 450+ bags of veggies for the YMCA Veggie Van
- Prepared snacks for 50 kids at the Boys & Girls Club
- Trained 22 new volunteers for the Humane Society of Tampa Bay
- Organized 600+ pounds of inventory at Trinity Café
- Planted 30 flowers at LaVoy Exceptional Center
- Set up the holiday tent for Metropolitan Ministries
- Organized toys at Guardian ad Litem
Other Recent Kforce Stewardship
To aid Hurricane Maria recovery, on November 16, 2017 Kforce and Tampa Bay partners united to commission the Flight of Hope. The flight delivered over 200 generators, 5,000 pounds of medical supplies, 200 water filtration systems, 2,000 bottles of oil, 200 gas cans and 100 packs of household items via airplane to the residents of Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. Visit this page to learn more about the Flight of Hope and watch a video of the mission.
Kforce (Nasdaq: KFRC) is an award-winning professional staffing services and soltuons firm that provides strategic partnership in the areas of Technology and Finance & Accounting services. Our name stands for KnowledgeForce®, which describes the experience we’ve gained since 1962, the 23,000 highly-skilled professionals we engage annually, and our customer-centric Kforce Knowledge Staffing ProcessSM which allows for high-touch relationship-driven results. Each year, our network of over 60 offices and two national recruiting centers provides opportunities across 4,000 companies including 70 percent of the Fortune 100. We love what we do. We love who we serve®.