Over 1,500 employees answer the call to get out and give back to their local communities.
Kforce celebrated its third annual Day of Giving on November 2 by coordinating 71 volunteer events nationwide where 1,656 Kforce employees dedicated time during their workday to give back to their communities.
This annual event expanded on previous years which focused on Kforce headquarters in Tampa Bay. Of the total volunteer events this year, 50 took place throughout the United States near Kforce field offices for a grand total of 5,402 volunteer hours.
“Stewardship and Community is a long-standing Kforce core value and that really shines through on Day of Giving. What’s truly inspiring is the passion our people have for giving back. They are the drivers of this event who nominate deserving organizations and ultimately dedicate their time,” said Andrew Thomas, Kforce Chief Marketing Officer.
Day of Giving is intended to serve deserving organizations such as Metropolitan Ministries where Senior Manager of Corporate Partnership, Patrick Davis describes the organization’s relationship with the firm.
“[Kforce has] partnered with us for over 30 years… Your impact has been invaluable for what we’ve done, through the various phases of what our community has seen, the different obstacles homeless people have faced, you have been side by side with us every step of the way meeting those challenges with us,” said Davis.
An internal survey following Day of Giving reported that 98 percent of Kforce employee respondents felt like an impact was made on their community.
Jenna Zwald, Kforce employee said, “This is the epitome of what makes me want to work at Kforce… I love to give back and I’m passionate about serving the community and that is what we are doing today.”
Day of Giving Highlights
- 300 meals sorted and packed for hungry children with KidsPack (Tampa, FL).
- Helped elementary students with their BizTown jobs and goals with Junior Achievement (Tampa, FL).
- 135 hygiene bags packed for the homeless with The Night Ministry (Chicago, IL).
- Participated in Sound the Alarm initiative and installed smoke detectors in at-risk people’s homes for American Red Cross (Raleigh, NC).
- 10,368 meals packed for Hurricane Michael relief with Kids Against Hunger (East Bay, San Francisco and Silicon Valley, CA).
- 35,000 pounds of food inspected, sorted and packed for those in need with Feeding South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale, FL).
- Coached resume writing and editing as well as job searching with Resources for Human Development (King of Prussia and Philadelphia, PA).
- 300 lunches served to formerly homeless people residing at Miami Rescue Mission (Miami, FL).
- 175 banners made with kids from Boys and Girls Club Portland. Also, painted a mural, spread mulch and put down gravel at the location (Portland, OR).
Kforce (Nasdaq: KFRC) is a professional staffing services and solutions firm that specializes in the areas of Technology and Finance & Accounting. Each year, our network of over 50 offices and two national recruiting centers provides opportunities for 36,000 highly skilled professionals who work with over 4,000 clients, including 70% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 1962, our name stands for KNOWLEDGEforce® which describes the customer-centric Kforce Knowledge Process that delivers high-touch, relationship-driven results backed by progressive technologies. At Kforce, our promise is to deliver great results through strategic partnership and knowledge sharing. Visit our Newsroom for the latest Kforce news and media resources.
Director, Communications & PR