What Information We Collect and How that Information May Be Used
Kforce considers information that can identify, or be used to contact, a unique individual as “Personal Information.” When you use our website or applications, we may collect Personal Information from you. This Personal Information may be information you submit directly to Kforce; or it may be information that the technology present on our website, or in our applications, collects automatically. This information would include your profile information which includes but may not be limited to your e-mail address, address, and telephone number. Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the website and applications, we may also collect your job search criteria and preferences, employment experience, educational history, skills, references information, background information, and other information contained in your resume, and any login ID or email address that you create. Additionally, by creating a profile and logging into our website, we may collect and use automatically collected information (like where you navigated through our website, or what features of our applications you used). As we noted earlier, when you use our website and applications, we use automated means of collecting information, such as cookies and other web-based or electronic tracking technologies to collect information about your use of the website or application. This information is necessary in order for us to provide you with personalized and location-based content, as well as for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. Collected items may include the pages most frequently visited, services accessed the most, and links to other sites that users most often visit. We measure activity in aggregate, such as number of users of our website, and activities conducted on our website, but may sometimes choose to measure use on an individual level. This allows us to provide a better user experience.
Kforce uses the information we collect for the following purposes: (1) to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information; (2) establishing and maintaining communications with you; (3) where you have requested a service, assisting you in the completion of your application, the assessment of your eligibility for any such requested service, the processing and
maintenance of the service, as well as any applicable renewal of such service; (4) responding to your inquiries about applications, accounts and other services; (5) making proposals for future service needs; (6) allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies; (7) processing transactions through service providers; (8) complying with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies; (9) protecting against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities; (10) protecting the rights of Kforce or other third parties; and (11) compiling statistics for analysis of our sites and our business. This website also uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
How We May Share Your Information
Kforce may disclose your Personal Information: (1) to third parties to perform business functions; (2) to our affiliated entities for the purposes of providing, marketing, or improving our services; (3) to comply with legal requirements, such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; (4) as part of a business transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event, or (5) in special cases, such as protecting the rights, property, or safety of Kforce, our customers or others. Kforce may share your Personal Information with third parties or Kforce customers for employment, recruitment, and placement services, for potential employment opportunities with customers who are seeking employees who have your qualifications, or to a customer with whom you have been placed by Kforce, in order to integrate with their employment or application process.
Protecting Your Information
We want your information to remain as secure as reasonably possible. We regularly monitor industrystandard technical safeguards for securing your Personal Information and review our physical, technical, and organizational security practices to determine how we can prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure of your Personal Information. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, considering the nature of the Internet, and your control over your own access codes, Kforce
cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Your Rights and Choices
We may also, from time to time, use your Personal Information to send you messages or marketing materials regarding our services, including employment information and job opportunities that you indicate an interest in when creating a profile. You may receive these messages from Kforce via email, phone, direct mail, and other communication means. We do not, however, want to send you information that you do not wish to receive, and you may opt out of receiving these communications or change your preferences, as indicated below:
- Email Link. Each email we send will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the event that you do not wish to receive future informational emails from Kforce.
- Direct Request. You can email us directly to request to be removed from the informational email list by sending the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update Profile Online. You can access your profile online via the website, or the application, and change your communication preferences or unsubscribe from informational emails.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, Kforce’s website is not compatible with DNT and so does not recognize DNT settings.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section only applies to individuals who are residents of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws (together “California Laws”).
a. Personal Information Collected
Kforce collects the following categories of Personal Information, as defined by California Laws:
- Commercial Information
- Employment Information
We collect them for the purposes described above, and may share as outlined in the section titled, “How We May Share Your Information” above.
b. California Residents Rights
Under California Laws, California residents have the following rights (“Rights”) listed below. Your Right to Access and Right to Deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of the business’s systems of networks.
- Disclosure & Access Rights: California residents have the right to request in writing from a business, (i) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, e–mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including Independent Affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In addition, California residents have the right to request that we disclose to them (i) the categories of personal information we have collected about them, (ii) the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information, and (v) the specific pieces of personal information we hold about an individual.
- Deletion Rights: California residents have the right to have their personal information deleted, unless the personal information is necessary for the business or service provider to:
- complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
- detect security incidents;
- protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity (or prosecute those responsible);
- debug to identify and repair functionality errors;
- exercise or ensure the right of another to exercise free speech or another legal right;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which compels the production of or access to electronic communication information or electronic device information with a search warrant;
- engage in research in the public interest (if the consumer has provided informed consent);
- to enable solely internal uses aligned with the consumer's expectations given their relationship with the business;
- comply with a legal obligation;
- otherwise use the information internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it.
- Do Not Sell: Californian residents have the right to opt-out of having their personal information sold. We do not sell personal information.
Californians can exercise their privacy rights by contacting us at email@example.com or via the other avenues outlined in the below section titled, “How to Contact Kforce”.
Response Time. We will handle requests as required under applicable California Laws. When a request is made, we may verify your identity to protect your privacy and security. We will respond to written rights requests within 45 days following receipt at the e–mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e–mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
How to Contact Kforce
Our postal address is:
Attn: Human Resources
1001 E. Palm Ave
Tampa, FL 33605